hmmm...i don't remember folding those today. when did i do that? wait...
"laynie did you fold these?"
"yeah"
i couldn't believe it. not only at how perfectly they were folded and stacked, but that she actually cleaned up something without being asked! it won't be long now until I can dust of my folding board and let her have at it. nice!
then later at the park, she asked a group of three boys {who looked 9 to 12 years old},
"So, who wants to play hide and seek?!"
The only response was the oldest one rolling his eyes at me like it was a joke. Mclayne couldn't figure out why they didn't want to play, but kept following them around trying to strike up conversation. It was so funny, and at the same time a little sad. It gave me the first glimpse of what it's like to see your child face rejection. Luckily, she was oblivious to the fact that they were boys. more that 3 times her age. that wouldn't be caught dead playing with her {even though they thought she was pretty dang cute}. She was disappointed when we had to leave, because she wanted to continue to "play" with the little punks. I think she should just forget about boys altogether and just stick to the laundry.;)



6 comments:
I am impressed with her folding skills!!! AND that she did it without asking. Love the story at the park too.
She folds better than I do! And I love that she just assumed the boys would want to play with her and couldn't figure out what their problem was. I'm on her side :0
I think that girl takes after her Mama, total order. Boston and Andrew would have played hide and seek with her : ) we all love that cutie!
Does she provide training to other kids her age?
Hey ~ I have good news for you. Your favorite babysitter is moving back to Denver (by October). I will have to try and come out and visit you guys this coming spring!!
Berit and I were walking into the ice cream store the other night, and she stopped and yelled at a couple of 13 yr old girls sitting on the curb, "Girls! You want some cream with me?" They rolled their eyes just like the boys in your story, then I went over and stopped their faces in. OK, that last part only happened in my imagination. We really just went in and enjoyed our ice cream without loser 13 yr old future whores.
Post a Comment