
On Saturday we decided to go fishing...for fish and crawdads. We thought if we tried catching two different kinds of animals it would increase our chances of catching something. We tried for about an hour or two with no luck. As we were packing things up to leave, mclayne started getting this look like 'what's going on' and said, "we can't go home without any swimming things!" She was convinced that's how it should be...you can't leave until you catch something. She may turn out to be a better fisher than we thought. We went on another ADVENTURE to find a good spot to leave the crawdad trap overnight. Hopefully I have pictures of a new pet crawdad to post soon!



6 comments:
Wow. She has a lot of patience for her age! I love the pics. I love the one with Mclayne doing the thumbs up. So funny!
You should try the pond right by were we ate lunch the other day. I see people with hot dogs and buckets of craw dads. Mclayne will not be disappointed.
Your brave...I don't think my kids will ever get to experience "swimming things" I am not sure if its because I hate worms or because I'm afraid they'd drown going in after something. Fun times!
Hello...you should have called me for advice. I am the best crawdad fisherwoman ever. They love bacon, so you just need to get some fishing line, tie on some bacon and one of those weight things (sinkers?) - I can't remember what they are called. Anyways, they will just pinch on to the bacon and not let go so they are super each to catch. Tell Mclayne good luck ~ you will have to post pics of her first "catch".
P.S. I see where Mclayne gets her cheesy smile (no offense Ryan).
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you all remembered this year...Hope you did something fun!
Post a Comment